Top 7 Analytics Tools For Ecommerce
Every business, irrespective of its size and domain, is turning digital. Even our retail stores are setting up eCommerce websites to showcase their products online and boost their revenue. But running an eCommerce store is not as simple as running a retail store. Things are different in the virtual world, and the strategies working in the real world may not work the same way on the internet platform. That is when the need for eCommerce analytics comes into the picture.
When you operate online, there are multiple activities on which you must keep a tab, such as how customers are reaching your online store, which pages they visit, and what’s the dragging factor behind their purchase. The eCommerce analytics tools will allow you to analyze your eCommerce site and grab all the crucial data that you can use to bring more engagement to your online business.
The analytics tools will help you hold the data from different sources, but the use of such data which is hard to understand. Here’s when the need for a customized data integration platform arises.
DataChannel offers customized data integration platforms that help you break down the complexities of data. It provides you with 100+Pre-build Data Connectors that help you fetch and review specific information about your target customers in a single, unobstructed dashboard. With easy-to-read reports, APIs enhance the performance of your marketing campaigns and allow marketers to instantly respond to critical issues while making all the right business decisions. Data channel customized dashboard provides you with impactful visualizations that help you set your business on the path of success. Investing in the right dashboard will assist you in getting the most out of your eCommerce analytics tools.
To boost the efficiency and effectiveness of your eCommerce store, you must get the right set of data analytics tools. There are hundreds of options in the market, and every option allows you to monitor and analyze your site. Although the right tools will assist you in converting your visitors into long time customers. But not instantly jump on any analytics tool without considering your data analysis requirements. There are multiple vital factors that you must look upon to get the best eCommerce analytics tools for your online store, some of which are as follows:
- Understands your business objectives: Go for the tools that will assist you in fulfilling your business objectives and all other requirements. Before finalizing the tool you need for your eCommerce store, first, have a clear understanding of your business core objectives and the outcomes you want to achieve. Then, get the list ready and go for tool hunting.
- Easy to use: Don’t complicate your business processes by incorporating tools having a complex user-interface. Make sure that the tools you are incorporating in your online business are easy to navigate and allow even a non-technical person to understand data analytics reports and generate results. The tools must have appealing visual analytics that allows every employee to get a clear picture of the business.
- Advanced analytics: The tools that can foresee the hidden patterns and trends in your data can help you make your business future-ready. By incorporating such tools, the need for data scientists can be eliminated as the analytics tools will perform all the required analysis on their own and with better efficiency.
- Offer space for customization: Every business is different and has some unique requirements. To fulfill those requirements, every business wants its own eCommerce analytics tools with some sort of customization. There are multiple tools available in the market that allow you to customize them so that they can fit into your exact analytics requirements.
- Several sources of data: Today’s business world is quite competitive, and data can be generated from different platforms and in diverse formats like tables, images, videos, and others. A well-versed eCommerce tool will consolidate the data from multiple sources and transform the same into a specific format, which is easy to understand.
- Enhance when your business scales: One of the major goals of every organization is business growth. All the operations and activities are diverted to expand the business to generate better revenue. Ensure that the tools you are going to meet the growing needs of your business.
These are some of the essential factors that you must keep in mind before getting the right tools for your business. Choosing the wrong tools will not only make your analytics go wrong but can even make it difficult for your business to sustain in the intensely competitive market. That is why going for the right tools is crucial for your eCommerce business growth.
Along with eCommerce analytics, you can also go for social media analytics. More than 70% of internet users are available on different social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and others. By making your business presence felt on different social media platforms, you can reach a wider audience and engage with them more effectively.
You can use marketing data analytics tools to integrate data from different social media platforms and generate insights that will help you build effective marketing strategies. Social media analytics play a vital role in adding pace and value to your business growth.
The Best eCommerce Analytics Tools
Making your eCommerce data speak sense is not as easy as it seems, and the same might leave you frustrated. The reason behind this can be that you may not have incorporated the right tools. Don’t worry, this happens to most of the organizations and is quite common. This is why we are listing down the best eCommerce analytics tools that are different based on their complexity, accessibility, and price. The tools we are mentioning below will help you in:
- Converting your prospects into your long-life customers.
- Building effective marketing strategies.
- Eliminating the risk of making the wrong decisions.
Now, let’s dive into the pool of the best eCommerce analytics tools.
- Google Analytics: Every individual in the data-driven business world must be familiar with Google Analytics. It is one of the best analytics tools that you can use for free. It is easy to align an eCommerce site with Google analytics. With this platform at your end, you can easily keep a tab on the amount of traffic coming to your virtual doorstep. You can quickly figure out which marketing strategies are working best for you and which not so that emphasis can be put on the ones that are bringing favorable outcomes. The tool will help you keep an eye on:
- How each product is performing on your site.
- From where the traffic is coming (desktop, mobile, tablet) and what is making that traffic to convert.
- Which pages on your site have the most engagement and which pages are contributing to the bounce rate.
Google Analytics will inform you how many visitors are checking your site daily, which products they are interested in, how much time they spend on each page, and so much more. The tool has enhanced eCommerce capabilities that can help you retain your present customers and attract new ones.
- Piwik: Piwik is an open-source eCommerce Analytics tool that helps you to have complete control of all the data available in your eCommerce site. Unlike Google Analytics, Piwik can be directly installed on your servers and perform the data analysis process with efficiency and ease. The tool is appreciated for its features like:
- Automatic generation of reports regarding metrics like conversion rate and average order value. The platform will also alert you regarding the events that can result in the abandonment of shopping carts.
- Sales reporting broken down by geolocation, marketing channel, and products.
- Allows integration with popular storefronts like WooCommerce, Shopify, and Magento.
It is the best alternative to Google Analytics that will help eCommerce businesses to make the best use of the data generated on a day-to-day basis.
- Crazy Egg: It is a web analytic tool that will help you know what’s on your website is grabbing so much attention and what’s being overlooked. It has simple to understand dashboards that will even allow a non-analytic person to see what’s going on in your online store. The platform offers scroll maps and A/B testing that allows you to visualize and experiment with the marketing strategies that can be a game-changer for your business.
The tool records the activities of the site’s users and analyzes their behavior so that improvements can be made to enhance engagement. It is a simple to use tool that will help you fix bugs and enhance the overall performance of your eCommerce site.
- Kissmetrics: Kissmetrics is a highly-advanced analytical platform that provides valuable user-centric insights that further assist you in delivering great products at leading prices. The tool drills down the users who actually went to your product page instead of the ones who visited your site and then left. With Kissmetrics analysis, brands can remarket their brand and make way to the audience that can add more to their ROI. The tool helps you know which marketing campaign is bringing the most leads and which campaign is not so that you run the right one.
Kissmetrics also finds out what’s in your website design can be changed to bring more engagement to boost the conversion rate. The tool allows you to create and trigger pop-ups and notifications that, to some extent, aid in decreasing the bounce rate. The tool comes with a price tag owing to its advanced capabilities.
- Woopra: In an eCommerce store, there is nothing more heart-wrenching than your customers abandoning an order. There can be multiple reasons behind it, such as you are making your customers navigate through too many hoops, or there may be something about your pricing or payment terms that are making them drive off. No matter what the reason is, things need to be improved before your business experiences a downfall.
Woopra helps eCommerce merchants to protect their orders from getting abandoned. The eCommerce analytics tool monitors the abandonment rate based on certain actions like payment or shipment and provides a clear picture of what sections of your funnel needs to be focused on. The tool also generates individual profiles to show you how each customer is interacting with your eCommerce store or sales team.
The tool motivates your customers to buy your products instead of bouncing so that you can generate more than the expected revenue.
- Hotjar: It is difficult to assume how each customer sees your eCommerce store. To find what’s on your website will boost the click-through rate and increase the conversion rate, you have to step into your customer’s shoes.
Hotjar is a heat mapping eCommerce analytics tool that can help you by providing a bird’ s-eye view of what your visitors see on your site. It lets you create recordings of your real-time customers so that you can see how your customers are interacting and develop insights that will enhance the conversion rate significantly.
By monitoring the activities of your real-time customers, you can get answers to the following questions:
- Why are your visitors not clicking on your CTAs?
- What’s on your website is grabbing the audience’s attention?
- What are the errors or bugs that are not letting the conversion rate to boost?
By getting answers to these questions, you can improve your site’s performance and fix bugs & errors that are coming in the way to a better ROI.
- Visual Web Optimizer: The list of the best eCommerce analytics tools is incomplete without mentioning Visual Web Optimizer. Optimizing your eCommerce site is a never-ending job. When it comes to running A/B tests to improve the working of the poorly performing pages, many organizations fail to understand how complex and lengthy the task can be. If the job is not done right, then you can lose your site’s potential to earn revenue. That is why platforms like Visual Web Optimizer were built to help you tune up your marketing campaigns and all the essential pages of your website with ease.
With this platform, you can create various headlines, imagery, buttons, and other key elements that will bring an influx of online traffic to your website. The platform offers a custom dashboard that helps you see different variants of your eCommerce site standing against each other. This will help you serve your customers best based on their geolocation, demographics, preferences, where they came from, and interests.
Visual Web Optimizer opens the door for efficient optimization and customization that help you to boost your online sales.
How DataChannel helps you integrate your data efficiently with these tools?
Data channel is a cloud-based integration channel that automates the process of data consolidation across platforms like CRM, analytics, research, marketing, commerce, customer orientation, and a few others. It offers more than 100+Pre-build Data Connectors that enable interaction between data, applications, and devices. In the competitive landscape, data plays a crucial role and helps you get a transparent view of your business operations and the market in which your business operates. By investing in a cloud-integration platform that allows you to combine data from all the possible platforms and transforms the same into an easy to understand dashboard, you can become the best in your niche.
Data channel acts as a powerful engine that takes all your data into a shared platform from where it can be accessed by all the authorized users across your organization to create insights that can boost your business growth.
If you are not incorporating any of the eCommerce analytics tools, you will lose your customers and even your sustainability in the digital world. Without having access to useful business insights, you may never know what’s wrong in your site that it is not able to attract the right customers to your products. With these tools at your end, you can enhance your website’s design and divert all your marketing efforts and strategies in a direction that will bring you favorable outcomes.